Sign up for a presentation or training today so you can increase your confidence in supporting those in need.
Here’s how you do it:
- Request a training or presentation by filling out this form or calling the Prevention and Outreach Program Manager at 343-7711.
- Catalyst will reach out to schedule your personalized training.
- Receive the training you need.
Sign up for training today! In the meantime, explore our learn section so you can feel more confident to better serve those in need.
Presentations can be tailored to meet your group’s educational needs! All presentations are available in English or Spanish.
We know that you want to be able to confidently provide hope and support to survivors who disclose abuse to you. In order to do that, you need to know how to effectively assist those experiencing domestic violence.
The problem is a lack of proper training or knowledge relating to domestic violence can make you feel ill equipped and unhelpful. We believe you should have access to all the training and support you need in order to properly help survivors of abuse.
We understand that you want to do everything within your power to effectively help the communities you serve. This is why, for over 40 years, Catalyst’s expert trainers have been helping service providers, medical providers, community organizations, educators, (and more) increase their ability to collaborate with Catalyst so that when confronted with a domestic violence case, they can handle it compassionately and effectively. Our professional trainings are generally done between 1.5-3 hours. We also have the ability to offer CEUs. Our professional training curriculum includes:
- Overview of Intimate Partner Violence and Catalyst Services
- Abuse in Teen Relationships
- Healthy Relationships
- Safety Planning
- Child Exposure to Violence in the Home
- Intimate Partner Violence in LatinX and Immigrant Communities
- Intimate Partner Violence in LGBTQ+ Communities
At Catalyst, we are passionate about prevention. We love talking with young people about healthy relationships, unhealthy relationships, and abuse. Our age-appropriate curriculum is fun, interactive, and informational.
Our adult presentations focus on promoting healthy relationships, preventing abusive relationships, and increasing access to services. They generally include interactive and pre-developed curriculum for specific ages or populations, and they may also include workshops or group discussions if requested. General presentations are usually one hour and address basic questions, such as:
- What is domestic violence?
- What is Catalyst?
- How does someone access Catalyst services?
- How does someone provide peer support to a friend or family member who experiences abuse in an intimate relationship?
- How do we have healthy relationships?
These topics can be helpful for any adult group as well as college classrooms.